Sunday, September 27, 2009

Setting Forth

DSC_0367

This is Matthew. We met freshman year at A&M, and he's been one of my best friends since then.
And on October 6th, he's leaving to race around the world.

DSC_0406 copy

Matthew is going on The World Race. It's literally 11 months of racing and doing mission work. 11 countries in 11 months. All for the Lord. While the rest of us are searching for jobs and getting settled into our new post-grad lives, Matthew will be living out of a backpack, traveling from country to country, working his butt off and living out the love of the Lord. I'm so jealous, but at the same time I just don't know that I could do it. I admire his courage and his ability to trust in the Lord completely-- I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared for him! But he is throwing his whole heart and his whole life into this, and I know the Lord will bless him for it. It was so incredibly sad saying bye to him today, knowing I won't see him for another year-- but I know that he is in good hands, and that he is out making the world a better place :)

Check out Matthew's blog and follow him on his incredible journey

DSC_0453 copy

1 comment:

matthew said...

oh jess. first off, the pics look great, thanks for the photoshoot! :) cant wait to see the rest of them! and second, thank you for the blog and all the sweet words in it! you are pretty stinkin awesome. i'm gonna miss you tons.

p.s. i love that you noticed the tractor said "international" on it. brilliant.

About Me

I'm 22. I'm a girl. I just graduated from Texas A&M. I hate (and am allergic to) peanut butter. I like taking pictures. I watch too many movies. I hoard music and take great pleasure in finding new artists. I get annoyed with work because it doesn't allow me enough time to read for pleasure. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise, depending entirely on the time of day. I love movies based on comic books. I get really freaked out by E.T. I'm a big, big fan of food. I think anything remotely related with Aaron Sorkin is genius. I can't stand pro football. I have an unhealthy obsession with fall and Christmas. I love, love, love laughing with my family. I try to be a good follower of Christ and I falter a lot, but the beauty of Him is that I don't have to save myself.