Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brazos Family Magazine

A few months ago Shauna agreed to do a shoot for the Brazos Family Magazine winter edition-- a snow-themed photo shoot in the middle of College Station! We did the shoot at Mt. Aggie, which is the place on campus where they teach all the skiing classes and have kids' birthday parties and stuff. It's basically a big hill covered in white astroturf, and whenever people are using it they run water down the hill to make it slippery enough for sledding and skiing. In all my years at A&M I had never been there, so I was pretty excited to get to play around on it!

The photo shoot was promoting a local children's boutique, so we had several kiddos out there dressed to the nines in all these precious clothes, and with some adorable accessories...puppies and kittens! The magazine was also running an article on the Brazos Valley Animal Shelter, so they brought some animals from the shelter for the shoot. They all looked SO cute! We had some difficulties though-- It was pretty much the brightest/sunniest day of the year so the kids were almost blinded by the sun, and we had to keep them and the animals from running and sliding down the hill-- they just wanted to play! But we had fun, and I'm glad I finally got to experience the majestic Mt. Aggie :)

Brazos Family

Brazos Family

Brazos Family

Brazos Family

Brazos Family
This one is my absolute favorite-- he just wasn't sure about the puppy at first!

No comments:

About Me

I'm 22. I'm a girl. I just graduated from Texas A&M. I hate (and am allergic to) peanut butter. I like taking pictures. I watch too many movies. I hoard music and take great pleasure in finding new artists. I get annoyed with work because it doesn't allow me enough time to read for pleasure. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise, depending entirely on the time of day. I love movies based on comic books. I get really freaked out by E.T. I'm a big, big fan of food. I think anything remotely related with Aaron Sorkin is genius. I can't stand pro football. I have an unhealthy obsession with fall and Christmas. I love, love, love laughing with my family. I try to be a good follower of Christ and I falter a lot, but the beauty of Him is that I don't have to save myself.