Monday, February 22, 2010

I've Moved!

I've moved! Both on the internet and real life. I arrived back in the Dallas area on Saturday, and I haven't even BEGUN to unpack-- that's going to be a several-day project. But there's just so much crazy stuff going on in my life that I want to get done first! And I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm done with College Station-- after 4 and a half years, I feel like this is just another weekend trip or spring break or something that I just majorly over-packed for.

I had my last “official” day with Shauna over a week ago, but I’ve still been coming to the office every day to work on designing stuff. It’s been a good transition period; it would have been a lot harder to work my last day and then just say, “See ya!” These last months working with Shauna have been incredible. I have learned SO much, more than I could ever write here, and not just about photography. It wasn’t an ordinary boss/assistant relationship (I mean, come on—she taught me how to cuss in German!) Shauna has become my friend and mentor in a way I never expected. I am just so grateful for every day that I got to come to “work” for her.

Shauna, I can’t thank you enough for the last year. Any time I hear a song by Alanis, Jay-Z, or Sarah Groves, it will always remind me of you :) funk booth

To all my friends, roommates, Comm Family—thank you guys so much for making my life in College Station so fun and enjoyable—I will miss you all! I’ll come visit soon!

There are some MAJOR things coming up in my life that I am so excited about… so excited, in fact, that I have a whole new blog to talk about them! Go to chasethelightwithme.com (or click on the picture below) to read about all the CRAZY ways in which the Lord is moving in my life!

blogheader3

1 comment:

shauna maness said...

oh how i love you jessi gene!
monday sucked without you.
when you decide not to race around the world i need you to move back (you can have the guest room)
proof the senior session from last week, ship the etsy stuff, show me where really cool illegal music is hidden on the web, get back to whatever you were working on before, tell me about what God is teaching you, edit some more, archive (you know that's your favorite thing) scan a thousand images of the OTHER side of my family... wait till you see julia ben, if you think doris was divine... girl, seriously- you are missed.
i'm already praying like crazy.
and i stayed up until 3 am, got 4 hours of sleep to hear sarah tell michael her real name.
love you.
alanis, jayz, and sara groves... that is all you need in life, well, + Jesus.
praying.
get your hustle on.

About Me

I'm 22. I'm a girl. I just graduated from Texas A&M. I hate (and am allergic to) peanut butter. I like taking pictures. I watch too many movies. I hoard music and take great pleasure in finding new artists. I get annoyed with work because it doesn't allow me enough time to read for pleasure. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise, depending entirely on the time of day. I love movies based on comic books. I get really freaked out by E.T. I'm a big, big fan of food. I think anything remotely related with Aaron Sorkin is genius. I can't stand pro football. I have an unhealthy obsession with fall and Christmas. I love, love, love laughing with my family. I try to be a good follower of Christ and I falter a lot, but the beauty of Him is that I don't have to save myself.