Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roman and Sammy

There is just something about horses. I don't know what it is, but they are just... majestic. My whole life I have been drawn to them, but there will be years at a time where I don't come anywhere near one because I just don't get a chance (or I don't make the most of opportunities). So when I finally get to be around one and I get a whiff of their wonderful smell (yes I LOVE the smell of horses and stables)-- it all comes flooding back to me and I wonder, "How did I stay away for so long??"

The past few weeks I have gotten to just go hang out with my friend Kristen and her horse, Roman. It's been YEARS since I've ridden, so she is awesome and agreed to give me some lessons so that I can, literally, get back on the horse. I had SO much fun-- seriously how did I stay away so long?? Even when I wasn't riding, I just enjoyed being around Roman-- brushing him, helping Kristen wash him, giving him peppermints (his favorite things EVER)-- basically loving on him like a big puppy dog. It's just relaxing for me to be around them-- all stress disappears while I'm out there, I always leave with this incredible sense of deep peace and joy.

This last week I finally got to hang out with Kristen's best friend, Fay, and her horse Sammy. I had SO much fun with them! Kristen and Fay are hilarious together, and when they get around their horses they're kind of like moms on a playdate-- Fay totally goes into mom mode when Sammy starts getting too crazy, even busting out the full-name reproach ("Samuel!")

These last few weeks have been such a huge blessing to me-- I'm going to be so sad to leave them!

Kristen & Roman
Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

DSC_0065%20copy

Fay & Sammy
Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

"Susan & Lucy In Narnia"
Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

Roman & Sammy

No comments:

About Me

I'm 22. I'm a girl. I just graduated from Texas A&M. I hate (and am allergic to) peanut butter. I like taking pictures. I watch too many movies. I hoard music and take great pleasure in finding new artists. I get annoyed with work because it doesn't allow me enough time to read for pleasure. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise, depending entirely on the time of day. I love movies based on comic books. I get really freaked out by E.T. I'm a big, big fan of food. I think anything remotely related with Aaron Sorkin is genius. I can't stand pro football. I have an unhealthy obsession with fall and Christmas. I love, love, love laughing with my family. I try to be a good follower of Christ and I falter a lot, but the beauty of Him is that I don't have to save myself.